Early Years Foundation Stage
At Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School, we provide a high-quality EYFS education giving children a secure and confident start to their school life. We are committed to nurturing a lifelong love of learning alongside the aims of the EYFS statutory framework. We strive for high standards, consider the development of the whole child and seek to foster resilience and independence.
We aim to provide the essential knowledge that children need to prepare them for their future success and to give children the best possible start to their early education.
We provide inviting classroom environments indoors and outdoors to stimulate learners and engage them in developing the three ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’ as set out within the EYFS.
Staffing & Organisation
At Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School, we have one Nursery class which caters for 26 full time children or part time. We also have a Reception class which caters for 30 children.
Nursery class teacher and lead: Mrs Natalie Gaulton
Nursery class teacher (Part time) Mrs O Donnell
Nursery class teaching assistant: Mrs Walls
Reception class teacher: Mrs Harrison
Reception class teaching assistant: Mrs Gauckwin
Children come to our school from a range of local pre-school settings, childminders and nurseries including.
Our school values shape how we behave, what we say, how we build relationships and how we learn.
We carefully plan our EYFS curriculum to meet the following aims:
- Foster a love of learning which inspires curiosity.
- Provide experiences of awe and wonder.
- Ensure all children have access to high quality learning opportunities.
- That our EYFS curriculum recognises children’s prior knowledge and learning and we aim to work with parents and carers to encourage independent, happy learners who reach their full potential from their various starting points.
- That every child is recognised as a unique individual and we offer support for all children to achieve.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the community and wider world.
- Quality first teaching across all areas of the curriculum.
- High quality conversations between children and adults, modelling language and introducing a range of new vocabulary.
- Stimulating learning environments indoors and outdoors.
- Well planned and organised progressive continuous provision which allows the children to learn through play.
- A carefully planned balance of adult-led and child-initiated learning opportunities.
- We promote a love of learning through real life experiences and opportunities to build on prior learning.
- Close links with local nurseries which support a smooth and settled transition into school.
- Strong parental partnerships which empower parents to support their child’s learning at home.
- Systematic approaches to teaching reading to ensure all children learn to read. High quality phonics teaching is started as soon as children begin reception.
- Opportunities for children and families to develop a love of reading.
- High levels of engagement and motivation demonstrated from children which supports them to become lifelong learners.
- Confident and capable readers who demonstrate a love of reading.
- Evidence of strong links with parents.
- Children demonstrate the characteristics of effective learning and are well prepared for the next stage in their learning.
- Children feel happy and safe and enjoy coming to school.
- All children access a balanced and challenging curriculum regardless of their background, needs or abilities.
- Children make good progress from their starting points and are offered a broad curriculum which meets each child’s unique needs.
- Children are supported by adults that are well trained and passionate about providing the best education for every child.
Curriculum Overview For EYFS
|Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School EYFS Curriculum Overview.pdf||Download|
Information for parents -EYFS
|Olol Foundation Stage Information for 2022.pdf||Download|